Updates and information about current operations at LYFT Fitness
Effective March 23, 2020:
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown ordered a stay at home order for the state. Lyft Fitness will be closing its doors at 8pm tonight (3/23/2020) to comply with this state mandate.
- Be sure to keep up with your fitness routine! Trainer tips and workouts will be updated on our Instagram and Facebook page. Be sure to follow Lyft Fitness for some great at home workouts.
- During this forced closure, we’ll be doing our deep cleaning and maintenance as well as bringing in 30+ pieces of new equipment to all areas of the gym.
- No need to manage your memberships. All memberships will be frozen as of April 1st until we reopen. You will not be billed after April 1st.
This will soon pass and our gym family will be back at it achieving our fitness and health goals together.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and in an overabundance of caution we are implementing the following precautions:
Effective March 17, 2020:
- LYFT Fitness will use hospital-grade disinfectant to deep clean equipment and communal spaces on a more frequent schedule. Additionally, hospital-grade hand soap will be used in the restrooms and locker room areas. We have also implemented extra cleaning staff and extra cleaning supplies for personal use in the gym.
Members are encouraged to use personal towels as a barrier on benches and seats throughout the club and on the weight room floor.
- Members are encouraged to use hand sanitizer immediately after entering the club.
- Members are asked to refrain from club use when exhibiting signs of contagious illness.
- The following amenities will be closed: group fitness classes, childcare, basketball court, steamroom, cold plunge, dry sauna, and jacuzzi.
As always, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed and taking personal precautions. Everyday preventive actions include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Practice self distancing by using every other cardio machine and creating space between yourself and others when working out on the gym floor.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend that people who are well to wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
In an effort to keep our small business running, we ask that you do not cancel your membership at this time. We will continue to incur significant costs from rent, utilities, staff salaries, etc. If you continue to keep your membership active through March, we will add a complementary month of membership for you at the end of your contract or a free month for your birthday. If you do wish to freeze your account during this unprecedented event please contact us at (503) 667-2290. We do hope you will choose to help us through this difficult process and keep your membership active with the complementary month of membership.
We are here for our members and we are doing our best to keep things running smoothly while providing a safe environment. We encourage you to keep committing to your fitness goals by coming in for personal workouts and practicing social distancing while inside the gym. Our primary commitment and focus at all times is the health and safety of the LYFT Fitness Family, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments.
The Lyft Fitness Team
Lyft Fitness in Gresham
23500 SE Stark St
Gresham, OR 97030
Phone: (503) 667-2290
Gym Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
4:45am – 10:00pm
*Facility available for member use 24-hours Monday through Thursday
Saturday and Sunday
7:00am – 7:00pm